is rapidly approaching and the itinerary is getting more exciting everyday. The latest addition is something that we are very excited about and you’re going to want to be a part of it. After all, it’s about YOU.
We’re not the only people who think some of the best travel writing happening today is on blogs. Now we want to give those independent writers some love. That’s why we're thrilled to announce the Community Keynote at TBEX ‘10! What’s a Community Keynote? It’s a chance for the outstanding work of the best independent travel bloggers to be shared and rewarded. Independent travel bloggers are encouraged to submit their best posts in one of several categories for review by the TBEX ‘10 Community Keynote Review Panel.
Our favorites in each category will be presented by the session’s hosts, Pam Mandel
and Mike Barish
at the TBEX ’10 Community Keynote
!The TBEX '10 Community Keynote will be a mashup of several of the best
narrative blog posts submitted from around the travelsphere, and communicate a collective compelling passion for travel.
We are incredibly excited about this and look forward to highlighting the best travel stories submitted by YOU. Please read all the instructions before submitting:
You do not need to attend TBEX ’10 to submit work for inclusion in the Community Keynote (though we’d love to see you). Simply review the list below and submit one of your favorite blog posts that fits into a specific category. All work must be original, written by you, and published on your blog (whether old or new). There is no compensation for entries chosen (beyond TBEX fame and a link), and author retains their own copyright. One submission per person, only!
1. Twinkle in a Traveler’s Eye – The Ideas That Inspire the Trips
2. In Transit – The Perils (and Joys) of Transportation
3. Talking to Strangers – The People You Meet
4. Spit or Swallow – Culinary Conundrums
5. The Power of Places – Inspiring Destinations
6. You Did What? – Adrenaline Rushes and Adventures
7. Love at First Flight – Tales of Romance on the Road
8. Trips & Falls – Embarrassing Tales & Travel Fails
9. Home, Bittersweet Home – Reverse Culture Shock & Many Happy Returns
Deadline for submissions: April 16, 2010. ** DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 1ST!!***
To submit your entry, please fill out this form.
If your submission is chosen for inclusion in the TBEX '10 Community Keynote, you'll be notified with more details. Please don't email asking about the status of your submission, just to help us keep our inboxes from exploding...
About the Community Keynote Emcees:
– Pam Mandel is a freelance writer and mediocre but enthusiastic ukulele player. She blogs about travel and other adventures at Nerd’s Eye View
. She lives in Seattle, loves to eat dessert, and never leaves the house without a camera.
– Mike Barish is a freelance travel writer and regular contributor to Gadling. He is best known for his SkyMall product reviews and SkyRest Travel Pillow tests on his own site, mikebarish.com
. He lives in New York City, overpacks and enjoys whiskey.
TBEX '10 Platinum Sponsors
TBEX '10 Gold Sponsors