#2011FamVaca – From The Sea: A Staycation Boat Tour Journey
This post is my entry into the TBEX Blog Carnival Contest sponsored by Choice Hotels International Services Corp.
Hanging out at the pool, part of the family vacation routine.
My #2011FamVaca coverage comes to you from Orange County, California.
I am lucky actually because I live very close to Newport Beach, California and so my staycation is focussed on sea-based activities around my hood.
And based on new research from Cambria Suites, it looks like I am not alone and that more families are planning on exploring hidden-gems of vacation spots close to home. You can follow their hashtag (#backyardgems) on Twitter to see who else is having a staycation.
- Saturday June 25, 2011 – fun at Newport Dunes: sunset pedal boats, bike ride around resort and picnic.
- Sunday June 26, 2011 – stroll around Balboa Island, trip to the FunZone, tour of Newport Harbor and ride on Balboa Island ferry.
- Monday June 27th, 2011 – head to Catalina Island via the Catalina Flyer from Newport Beach.
- Tuesday, June 28th – explore Catalina Island, conduct #CruiseChat while onsite.
- Wednesday June 29th – head back home.
Look for more posts from me and my family live from Newport Beach, Newport Dunes, The Balboa Island Ferry, and Catalina Island.